Collaborating with Transparency International Indonesia (TII), EngageMedia launched ‘Moviemento’, a video project to train youth communities campaigning on issues such as gender, the environment, social development, and culture. The youth would then produce their own videos with their perspectives on corruption.
The project worked to give youth a voice on anti-corruption issues, as well as to strengthen active citizenship and the capacity for advocacy amongst TII partner organizations in Indonesia.
The Moviemento Team conducted four Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) with youth communities in Makassar, Semarang, Balikpapan, and Kupang. These FGDs are designed to gather insights on youth communities from various backgrounds on their knowledge and perspectives on corruption and media literacy. These FGDs are also a way to better assess and decide which cities have more ideal conditions for video training.
Read more about the project here:
- Moviemento: Anti-Corruption Video Training for Youth (February 2013)
- Moviemento Screening in Kupang (February 2013)
- Moviemento Video Workshop 1 (April 2013)
- Moviemento: Balikpapan Follow-Up Workshop (May 2013)
- Moviemento DVDs available now! (October 2013)
Watch videos on Moviemento here.