The Video for Change Environmental Impact Lab is back for its second edition (and an extended deadline)!
EngageMedia is once again calling on Asia-Pacific filmmakers documenting environmental issues to apply to the Environmental Impact Lab, which seeks to strengthen the capacity of filmmakers to create impact with their work.
The second round of the Impact Lab will run from June to August 2021. The chosen filmmakers will be part of a three-month online course that includes regular workshops, one-on-one mentorship with three seasoned impact producers, and consistent feedback loops between the EngageMedia team, mentors, and fellow lab participants.
The deadline for applications has been extended to 09 May 2021, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7).
The Impact Lab is grounded on the Video for Change Impact Toolkit, a resource that assists filmmakers in the design and evaluation of the impact happening at every stage of their video initiatives.
Who can apply to the Impact Lab?
We are looking for filmmakers or organisations from the Asia-Pacific that:
- are part of an active video initiative (10 to 40 minutes) tackling environmental issues in the Asia-Pacific;
- are planning or seeking to do impact-related activities (e.g., capacity building, community screenings, campaigns, advocacy, movement building);
- are open to share and learn together with other filmmakers and campaigners from the region;
- are keen to foster and build networks with multiple stakeholders; and,
- are proficient in English.
What do I get if my film project gets chosen?
Selected lab participants will:
- participate in weekly learning sessions addressing a range of topics related to social impact production;
- receive course work that advances their own impact campaigns;
- become part of a network of like-minded filmmakers and campaigners in the Asia-Pacific; and,
- receive a certificate of participation upon successful completion of the Lab.
Check out our previous blog posts on the first batch’s experiences:
- Exploring impact production at the Impact Lab
- Five key learnings from the ongoing Environmental Impact Lab
How do I apply?
To apply, please fill out and submit the form below by 09 May 2021, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7).
For any questions or further information, please contact Egbert Wits, EngageMedia Video for Change Learning Manager, at egbert [AT] engagemedia.org.