We’ve just upgraded EngageMedia.org to Plumi 4.1.1, the open-source video sharing platform we produce in collaboration with Unweb.me and other developers. The release includes a swag of new features, including…
- Bittorrent: when you upload a video a bittorrent file is automatically created, great for users with slow connections that break mid-download and also for sharing to bittorrent networks.
- Plays/downloads on videos: videos now show the number of times they have been played and downloaded.
- Low resolution version of video player: you now have the option to watch streaming video in a lower resolution, good for slower connections.
- Other videos by this member listed on video pages: thumbnail links to other videos you have contributed to the site.
- Video listings now link prominently to member profile pages.
- Paypal: you can now add your Paypal account to your profile page to accept donations.
- Facebook/Twitter etc. accounts can be easily linked to from your profile page.
- Profile page shows the most recent comments you have made.
- Number of comments on an item are shown on video listings.
For the geeky, fuller announcement please go here.