EngageMedia’s localization project aims to enhance the effectiveness of digital security initiatives in Southeast Asia by providing and promoting resources tailored to cultural and linguistic contexts. This initiative focuses on five target languages: Burmese, Filipino, Indonesian, Khmer, and Thai. Under this project, EngageMedia will conduct the following key activities:
- Produce a report on the state of digital security localization in the region;
- Localize digital security tools and guides through a series of localization sprints across the region;
- Develop a directory of localized digital security resources; and
- Expand the use of localized resources through capacity-building training sessions, talks, and communications materials delivered in the five target languages.
- Expand the number of localized digital security resources in Southeast Asian languages;
- Expand the number of key resource people who can coordinate regional localization communities;
- Increase access to localized digital security resources for civil society and digital security trainers; and
- Increase the number of contributors in the localization community.