Building on the momentum and insightful conversations from the 2023 Digital Rights Asia-Pacific Assembly, EngageMedia is convening the DRAPAC Series of events that aim to generate and sustain conversations about the challenges and opportunities for the region with regards to human and digital rights in the networked society.
This series will invite DRAPAC23 partners and collaborators to delve deeper into the topics tackled during the Assembly and continue engaging the broader network of changemakers.
- Critical Perspectives on AI Adoption and Governance with Dr. Jun-E Tan, Senior Research Associate at Khazanah Research Institute, and Dr. Anindya Chaudhuri, Senior Program Officer at the International Development Research Centre
- Digital Rights in Nepal with Santosh Sigdel, Executive Director of Digital Rights Nepal, and journalist and academic Samik Kharel
- South Korea’s Lessons for Threats to Southeast Asian internet freedom with Kyung Sin “KS” Park, Korea University School of Law professor and director of Open Net Korea
- Feminist Technology with Numun Fund, Channapatna Health Library Collective, and Cybher
- Censorship and Surveillance in Tibet with Lobsang Gyatso Sither, Director of Technology of Tibet Action Institute