EngageMedia is opening registrations for localization sprints that aim to contribute to the development of localized digital security resources in Southeast Asian languages.
The sprints will be held in September 2022 in a hybrid format, with a combination of online and offline convenings. The program is open to civil society advocates who are interested in localizing digital security resources for their communities.
What is it about?
EngageMedia is holding a series of three-day sprints where participants will review digital security tools and guides localized into five target languages: Burmese, Filipino, Indonesian, Khmer, and Thai. The initiative is part of EngageMedia’s Localization project, which aims to enhance the effectiveness of digital security initiatives in Southeast Asia by providing and promoting resources tailored to cultural and linguistic contexts.
The sprints will also be an opportunity for in-country localizer groups to plan and strategise ways of sustaining localization efforts to continue supporting civil society and activist communities in Southeast Asia.
See the agenda on Cryptpad at l10n.info/sprint.
When and where will the sprints be held?
- Khmer sprint: September 3-5, 2022 (Saturday-Monday) in Phnom Penh
- Thai and Burmese sprints: September 9-11, 2022 (Friday-Sunday) in Chiang Mai
- Indonesian sprint: September 20-22, 2022 (Tuesday-Thursday) in Jakarta
- Filipino sprint: September 26-28, 2022 (Monday-Wednesday) in Manila
Each sprint will be conducted as a hybrid event. A maximum of 15 local participants will be accepted to join the localization sprint in person. Out-of-town participants may get involved in the localization sprint of their target language through a virtual meeting link.
EngageMedia will cover food, accommodation, and local transport for participants attending the sprint in person.
Who should attend?
- Individuals who are already involved in localizing digital security resources into Burmese, Filipino, Indonesian, Khmer, or Thai
- Changemakers who are interested in using localized digital security tools and guides with their communities
Proficiency in English and the target language is required.
How to sign up?
Complete the sign-up and needs assessment form at l10n.info/signup.
EngageMedia will inform confirmed participants for each sprint within five working days.
For more information, email email@example.com.