Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific nonprofit is hiring a South Asia Digital Rights Manager to oversee our digital rights initiatives in South Asia and assist with our Asia-Pacific program more broadly. The role will work closely with the Digital Rights Program Manager and the Digital Security Specialist (applications accepted on a rolling basis).
We are seeking candidates who align with our organisational goals of human rights, democracy and the environment, and who have a background working with nonprofits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multicultural settings is a big plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in South Asia. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
We continue to accept applications on a rolling basis.
Key Position Aims
- Increase the understanding, engagement, and impact of digital rights advocacy of civil society
- Raise the profile and importance of digital rights issues, in particular by connecting them to the human rights, media, and technology fields
- Increase the planning, campaigning, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation capacity of EngageMedia
Programs and Projects
- Manage program design and planning
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership on a range of digital rights issues
- Lead project implementation and support monitoring and evaluation
- Manage and coordinate relevant staff, affiliates, partners, and consultants
- Lead and manage digital rights networks, fostering communication and collaboration
- Monitor and track project budgets
- Develop workplans and timelines, and ensure they are followed
- Develop contracts and MOUs with staff, affiliates, partners, and consultants
- Conduct and oversee research, including producing short reports
Development and Fundraising
- Support the development and design of fundraising proposals
- Support and maintain funder relationships
- Seek out and coordinate consulting opportunities
- Directly implement consulting activities as needed
Media, Campaigns, and Networking
- Lead digital rights campaigns, employing a range of creative media
- Work closely with the communications team to develop and implement outreach and engagement strategies
- Oversee the production of media that effectively communicates digital rights issues
- Maintain and develop partnerships with a range of organisations, individuals, and networks
- Represent EngageMedia in digital rights networks and forums
- Blog regularly about your work and contribute to EngageMedia’s overall outreach and communications
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate trainings, coordinating staff and contractors as necessary
- Create training curricula
- Provide event or training facilitation
- Contribute to the organisation’s knowledge base
- Fluency in English and working proficiency in at least one South Asian language
- Strong leadership and organisational skills, including in cross-cultural environments
- High attention to detail
- Highly adept and innovative in using current and emerging technologies
- Familiarity working in virtual workplaces with decentralised teams
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple activities and competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Motivated, self-organised, and active in taking initiative
- Minimum undergraduate university degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in a non-profit or advocacy position
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the digital rights field
- High level organisational, interpersonal and motivational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead a team, work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent project management and planning abilities
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12-month, full-time contract will be offered with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 25,000 and 32,800 USD depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- 4 weeks of holiday leave
- Sick and carer’s leave
- Public holiday leave
- Bereavement leave
- Parental leave
- Long service leave
- Monthly communications and equipment allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal development allowance
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
For more information, get to know the EngageMedia team and read about our remote and distributed work practices.
Please fill in the application form below. We continue to accept applications on a rolling basis.