Learn how your film can better support environmental change.
EngageMedia invites Asia-Pacific video initiatives focused on environmental issues to apply to our Video for Change Impact Lab, which seeks to strengthen the capacity of filmmakers in planning, producing, analysing, and sustaining the impacts of their work.
The Impact Lab will run online from January to April 2021, and is based on the Video for Change Impact Toolkit, a resource that assists filmmakers in the design and evaluation of the impact happening at every stage of their video initiatives.
Short- to medium-length video initiatives (10 to 40 minutes) are invited to apply. The deadline for applications is 05 January 2021, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7).
We are looking for individual filmmakers or organisations from the Asia-Pacific that:
- Are part of an active video initiative tackling environmental issues in the Asia-Pacific;
- Are planning or seeking to do impact-related activities (e.g. capacity building, community screenings, campaigns, advocacy, movement building);
- Are open to share and learn together with other filmmakers and campaigners from the region;
- Are keen to foster and build networks with multiple stakeholders; and,
- Have proficient English language skills
Each accepted initiative will be mentored by a seasoned impact producer and provided with examples, strategies, and tools utilised by experienced video for change practitioners and campaigners.
The Impact Lab is fully funded. All course fees and learning facilities will be provided by EngageMedia. Selected participants are expected to attend all sessions, complete all course work, and share their Impact Lab experiences via a blog-post and a short video.
For any questions or further information, please contact Egbert Wits, EngageMedia Video for Change Learning Manager, at egbert [AT] engagemedia.org.
To apply, please fill out and submit the form below by 05 January 2021, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7).