Building on the theme of regional cooperation, EngageMedia will wrap up the three-day Asia-Pacific Digital Rights Forum on January 14, 2023 by co-facilitating parallel, in-person solidarity events in collaboration with a consortium of partners.
Day 3 expounds on the themes from the online convenings and provides a dedicated space for participants to reconnect with their peers and share insights with the broader group.
In the spirit of co-creation, EngageMedia is partnering with the following organisations to co-host parallel events:
- The Asia Centre is a research institute that undertakes evidence-based research, convenes events, and advocates for human rights issues. The Centre has also collaborated with EngageMedia for research projects, including a report on the Computer Crime Act and freedom of expression in Thailand.
- Digitally Right supports independent media, civil society, and private sector organisations with the critical knowledge and solutions to adapt to a rapidly-changing information ecosystem.
- The Southeast Asia Freedom of Expression Network (SAFEnet) promotes digital rights in Southeast Asian countries through monitoring, advocacy, and holistic security training for vulnerable groups in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
- The Indonesia Jentera School of Law aims to provide quality legal education in Indonesia to produce competent legal practitioners working towards positive change and concrete legal reforms.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Jumpstart@65 is a collaboration between Hong Leong Bank and Hong Leong Foundation. It aspires to be a community hub that inspires, co-create and build an empowered community.
- Out of the Box Media Literacy Initiative works to mainstream media literacy practices in the Philippines through campaigns, workshops, and educational resources.