Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific nonprofit is hiring a Localisation Lead who will drive EngageMedia’s localisation efforts to improve the accessibility and usability of open and secure technologies. This includes planning, managing and coordinating tasks, developing networks and partnerships, and monitoring and evaluation.
We are seeking candidates who align with our organisational goals of human rights, democracy, and the environment, and who have a background working with nonprofits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multicultural settings is a big plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in the Asia-Pacific. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. Interested applicants may apply using the form below.
Key Position Aims
- Increase the accessibility and usability of open and secure technology tools to Southeast Asia civil society
- Strengthen project implementation and social impact
- Expand partnerships, promotion, and ultimately uptake of open and secure technologies
- Foster collaboration and knowledge sharing among key actors in the digital rights and open and secure technology fields
- Support the development of EngageMedia’s localisation program and strategy
- Manage collaborative design and consultation processes with partners and advisers
- Develop and execute project plans
- Manage a variety of localization communities and participants, including volunteers
- In-person and virtual event planning, coordination and facilitation (volunteer community meetings, localization sprints and other collaborative events).
- Ensure quality assurance and control for localization
- Conduct research and produce short reports
Outreach and Partnerships
- Develop and maintain partnerships with a range of individuals and organisations working in the area of localisation, digital safety and digital rights
- Represent EngageMedia in localisation and digital rights networks and forums
- Promote localisation materials, software and publications to relevant communities and geographic areas
- Advise the Executive Director and senior managers in fundraising and partnership efforts, including supporting proposal writing, networking, and managing relationships for localisation
Trainings and Events
- Design and implement localisation networking and learning events
- Directly train civil society members in localisation
- Lead the design of localisation training agendas
- Prepare and compile relevant training and educational resources
- Actively learn from the field, including documenting and sharing relevant knowledge
- Experience establishing processes, supporting teams, and managing a portfolio of technology products
- Experience with content management systems and software repositories
- Strong English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Bi-lingual at minimum, additional languages a strong advantage
- Experience in localisation project management
- Strong background in relevant technologies and their use, such as in secure communications
- Knowledge of issues on digital rights, open and secure technology
- Familiarity working with multicultural and decentralised teams in virtual workspaces
- A proactive and growth mindset
- High-level organisational, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, willingness to learn new things, build expertise, and develop new approaches
- Ability to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12-month, full-time, contract will be offered, with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 23,500 and 32,000 USD, depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- 4 weeks of holiday leave
- 10 days sick and carer’s leave (with additional 5 days in case of COVID-19)
- 11 days public holiday leave
- 5 days bereavement leave
- 18 weeks parental leave
- 8 weeks paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Monthly communications and equipment allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal and professional development allowance
Visa assistance may be provided by EngageMedia as needed, upon approval of management.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
For more information, get to know the EngageMedia team and read about our remote and distributed work practices.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. Please fill out the form below to apply.