Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific nonprofit is hiring a Digital Rights Program Officer (Indonesia) who will support the implementation of EngageMedia’s digital rights initiatives, particularly in Indonesia, working closely with the program team to support coordination and logistics, community development, communications and outreach, monitoring and reporting.
We are seeking candidates who align with our organisational goals of human rights, democracy, and the environment, and who have a background working with nonprofits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multicultural settings is a big plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in Indonesia. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis.. Interested applicants may apply using the form below.
Key Position Aims
- Increase digital rights understanding and engagement of Indonesian civil society
- Raise the profile and importance of digital issues, in particular connecting them to the human rights, media, and technology fields
- Provide timely program support to the EngageMedia team, particularly Indonesia-based members
- Provide logistical and administrative support to EngageMedia projects
- Support and at times lead the coordination of projects
- Support and at times lead the organisation of meetings, trainings, camps, film screenings, and other events
- Support the development and maintenance of Indonesian and regional partnerships with a range of individuals and organisations working in the area of technology, digital rights, Video for Change, human rights, and the environment
- Lead the coordination of program and/or project logistics, including consultants and assistant staff, for items including travel and transportation, securing event spaces, fulfilling catering needs and technological support
- Support in monitoring project implementation progress, including but not limited to collecting documentation and data for evaluation and reporting
- Maintain and file documentation in an organised and efficient manner
- Support the development of program and/or project work plans and timelines, ensuring they are followed
Research, Documentation, and Reporting
- Conduct research and collate resource materials and references related to digital rights and other program areas
- Ensure the timely and proper documentation of events, including photos, videos, presentations, and written notes
- Assist in monitoring the initiatives of partners, collaborators, and networks working on digital rights
- Collect, compile, and file materials related to EngageMedia initiatives
Communications and Outreach
- Assist with social media outreach and engagement
- Assist in securing content for EngageMedia and other project platforms
- Represent EngageMedia in digital rights networks and forums
- Support the Communications team in their outreach efforts
- At least 3 years’ experience in a nonprofit or advocacy position, preferably in the digital rights space
- Excellent communication and organisational skills in Bahasa Indonesian and English
- Based in Indonesia
- High-level organisational, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Knowledge of issues on digital rights, open and secure technology, and Video for Change
- Familiarity working with multicultural and decentralised teams in virtual workspaces
- A proactive and growth mindset
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, willingness to learn new things, build expertise, and develop new approaches
- Ability to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12-month, full-time, contract will be offered, with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 9,500 and 12,000 USD, depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- 4 weeks of holiday leave
- 10 days sick and carer’s leave (with additional 5 days in case of COVID-19)
- 11 days public holiday leave
- 5 days bereavement leave
- 18 weeks parental leave
- 8 weeks paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Monthly communications and equipment allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal development allowance
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
For more information, get to know the EngageMedia team and read about our remote and distributed work practices.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. Please fill out the form below to apply.