Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific nonprofit is hiring a Human Resources Manager who will help sustain, deepen, and scale EngageMedia’s operations and human capital systems. The role builds the strength of EngageMedia’s organisational infrastructure to ensure our program work is dynamic, strategic, and well-executed.
We are seeking candidates who align with our organisational goals of human rights, democracy, and the environment, and who have a background working with nonprofits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multicultural settings is a big plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in the Asia-Pacific. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. Interested applicants may apply using the form below.
Key Position Aims
- Build the organisation’s talent pool, and individual and team performance
- Grow organisational capacity and efficiency to best support programmatic activities
- Provide sound and timely operations support to all program activities
- Ensure a productive and well-managed working environment for team members
Human Capital Development
- Lead talent recruitment, management, engagement, and retention initiatives
- Improve processes to identify and nurture talent
- Drive innovation in the performance review process
- Manage recruitment of new staff and consultants
- Manage staff professional learning and development for coordinators, officers, and assistants
- Develop coaching and mentoring schemes to support staff development
- Manage staff transitions, including their onboarding and exit
- Develop and implement strategies to improve core human resource (HR) processes: strategy and planning, selection and recruitment, onboarding, performance management, learning and development, and succession planning
- Lead the implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the communications team to ensure brand identity supports the talent development and recruitment processes (employer branding)
- Prepare staff and affiliate contracts, and work with relevant managers in developing position descriptions
Organisational Strategy Development
- Ensure organisational processes are aligned to the organisational vision, mission, and strategy
- Support and build the organisation’s culture, defining desirable behaviours and implementing processes that encourage such behaviours
- Advise on organisation structure and coordination systems, ensuring new and current staff understand the organisation’s design
- Support the management of monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) systems, including developing organisational feedback mechanisms
Systems, Policies, and Procedures Management
- Work with the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Coordinate the design, maintenance, and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures
- Coordinate internal filing and archiving to develop and improve current systems
- Support the maintenance and development of templates, e.g., contractors, staff, MoUs, projects, programs, administration
Finance and Grant Management
- Support grant and proposal coordination, working with the relevant project manager and the Finance and Administration team
- Authorise invoices and request for payments and budgets
- Authorise payroll for assigned staff and affiliates, and in a back-up capacity as required
- At least 5 years of experience in human capital development or human resources management, 2 years of which are in a supervisory function
- Demonstrates project management and change management experience
- Strong English communication skills (spoken and written)
- Demonstrates empathy and experience driving inclusion work
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment and cultivate relationships across teams
- Experience helping distributed and/or matrixed organisations scale
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Relevant certification(s)
- Experience in a nonprofit or advocacy position
- Familiarity working with multicultural and decentralised teams in virtual workspaces
- A proactive and growth mindset
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, willingness to learn new things, build expertise, and develop new approaches
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12-month, full-time, contract will be offered, with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 23,500 and 28,500 USD, depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- 4 weeks of holiday leave
- 10 days sick and carer’s leave (with additional 5 days in case of COVID-19)
- 11 days public holiday leave
- 5 days bereavement leave
- 18 weeks parental leave
- 9 weeks paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Monthly communications and equipment allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal and professional development allowance
Visa assistance may be provided by EngageMedia as needed, upon approval of management.
Combining video, technology, knowledge, and networks, we support Asia-Pacific and global changemakers advocating for human rights, democracy, and the environment.
In collaboration with diverse networks and communities, we defend and advance digital rights.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. Please fill out the application form below to apply.