(Updated as of August 10: This position was previously called Engagement Coordinator.)
Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific nonprofit is hiring a Promotion and Engagement Coordinator who will work closely with EngageMedia’s communications team to lead outreach initiatives, manage content and media partnerships, build audiences, and create social impact. As a member of the communications team, the PEC does the day-to-day promotion of content across EngageMedia’s various platforms, including but not limited to articles, research, podcasts, videos on Cinemata, and social media.
The EC will work to increase EngageMedia’s public profile in the Asia-Pacific by pursuing content partnerships and media publishing opportunities. The role has a strong focus on engaging civil society and various media platforms to promote content, with a good capacity to understand and communicate digital rights issues to various audiences.
The role reports to the Communications and Engagement Manager.
We are seeking candidates who align with our organisational goals of human rights, democracy, and the environment, and who have a background working with nonprofits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multicultural settings is a big plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in the Asia-Pacific. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
Applications are now closed.
Key Position Aims
- Promote EngageMedia content related to Video for Change, Open & Secure Technology, and Digital Rights, whether published on platforms managed by EngageMedia or on third-party outlets.
- Coordinate and, at times, lead outreach, engagement, and media advocacy efforts.
- Build and strengthen content collaborations and partnerships between EngageMedia and organisations and individuals working in and beyond our key program areas.
- Implement EngageMedia outreach and engagement plans for social media, mainstream media, and civil society.
Outreach, Engagement, and Impact
- Execute outreach and engagement plans for content produced by EngageMedia, or work published on EngageMedia-managed platforms
- Enhance the online presence of EngageMedia’s various networks and platforms, ensuring they are active spaces for engagement on their respective issues.
- Lead outreach campaigns for EngageMedia’s projects by highlighting important work and facilitating the distribution and engagement of related media.
- Perform targeted outreach and engagement activities to mainstream media, policy advocates, campaigners, social movements, and civil society.
- Implement social media outreach and engagement strategies, including experimenting with a variety of non-corporate promotion and engagement platforms.
- Boost EngageMedia’s profile among Asia-Pacific media outlets and on social media.
- Improve content promotion and co-creation by fostering relationships and developing partnerships with campaigners, video activists, journalists, technologists, nonprofit organisations, and mainstream media outlets.
- Attend and conduct media and communication workshops on an ad-hoc basis.
- Contribute to the editorial coordination of EngageMedia and its various networks to effectively communicate and engage audiences with our work.
- Update and improve the EngageMedia contacts and relationships management database.
- Contribute to the development of the communications policy, outreach and engagement strategy, branding and style guidelines, and the organisation’s other quality standards.
- Support staff to be more effective in their outreach and engagement efforts.
- Document learnings from our communications efforts via short reports and blog posts.
- At least 3 years’ experience in journalism, communications for advocacy, and/or public relations
- Professional-level English, with working proficiency in at least one Asia-Pacific language
- Strong background in advocacy communications
- Expertise in fostering and maintaining relationships
- Excellent marketing and outreach abilities
- Strong management and leadership skills and experience
- Existing relationships with media, academe, and other civil society organisations in the region
- Knowledge of issues on digital rights, open and secure technology, and Video for Change
- Familiarity working with multicultural and decentralised teams in virtual workspaces
- A proactive and growth mindset
- High-level organisational, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, willingness to learn new things, build expertise, and develop new approaches
- Ability to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12-month, full-time, contract will be offered, with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 17,000 and 22,000 USD, depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- 4 weeks of holiday leave
- 10 days sick and carer’s leave (with additional 5 days in case of COVID-19)
- 11 days public holiday leave
- 5 days bereavement leave
- 18 weeks parental leave
- 8 weeks paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Monthly communications and equipment allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal and professional development allowance
Visa assistance may be provided by EngageMedia as needed, upon approval of management.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
For more information, get to know the EngageMedia team and read about our remote and distributed work practices.
Applications are now closed.