Our dynamic Asia-Pacific non-profit is seeking a highly-skilled WordPress developer (or development team) responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating and modifying the WordPress themes of various WordPress sites that we maintain, plus plugins and code customisations for the various features we need.
The candidates should have a strong understanding of mobile-first design, plus latest industry trends. Experience with responsive design is strongly preferred, as is an understanding of the entire web development process, from requirements through to design, development, and deployment.
We seek those who are also aligned with our organisation’s wider goals towards social and environmental justice, and who have some experience in working with not-for-profits.
- Establishing and guiding the websites’ architecture
- Developing, sourcing plugins and implementing customisations for new features and functionality as needed
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design, and turning it into a high-performance website
- Ensuring all designs implemented are consistent with our brand guidelines
- Responding quickly to requests for bug and design fixes
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- A basic understanding and/or willingness to learn about the following: working in Linux/UNIX environments, networking and database concepts and configuration, web servers and Nginx
- An exemplified interest in working with open-source software
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements to challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners, and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages, and move people to action.
Please fill the application form below.