Our dynamic Asia-Pacific non-profit is seeking a highly-skilled WordPress designer (or design team) who will be responsible for the front-end WordPress design and development of the websites that we maintain, including the modification of our existing WordPress themes.
The work requires some skills in programming (HTML and CSS), as well as a good eye for aesthetics, such as knowledge of best practices in user-interface design and the ability to make design choices in line with the branding of EngageMedia and our projects.
Candidates should have a strong understanding of mobile-first design and the latest industry trends. Experience with responsive design is a must.
We seek those who are also aligned with our organisation’s wider goals towards social and environmental justice, and who have some experience in working with not-for-profits.
The position is open to anyone based in South, East, or Southeast Asia.
The successful candidate should be able to work as soon as possible. They will first undergo an initial 10-hour trial, and ideally continue with up to 200 hours of subsequent work and small amounts of modest, ongoing maintenance.
Applications should be submitted by June 28, 2020 (11:59 PM GMT+7), using the application form at the bottom of this page.
- Improving WordPress design, UI, and UX (including responsiveness)
- Implementing customisations for new design elements as needed
- Ensuring all designs implemented are consistent with our brand guidelines and web design best practices
- Responding quickly to requests for bug and design fixes
- Demonstrated abilities with front-end technologies, including HTML and CSS
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing responsive design websites
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements to challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners, and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages, and move people to action.
Please fill the application form below.