Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific nonprofit is seeking a Digital Rights Project Officer who will support the implementation of EngageMedia’s initiatives in Thailand and the Mekong region. The position works closely with the Digital Rights Project Manager (Mekong) to support coordination and logistics, training, community development, communications and outreach, and monitoring and reporting.
We are seeking candidates who are aligned with our organisational goals towards social and environmental justice, and who have experience working with nonprofits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multicultural settings is a big plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in Thailand. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
Applications should be submitted by Thursday, 19 November 2020, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7), using the application form at the bottom of this page.
Key Position Aims
- Increase civil society engagement with, and understanding of, digital rights and freedom of expression
- Strengthen the organisational capacity of EngageMedia in providing digital rights capacity building to the Mekong region
- Enhance logistical and administrative support for the EngageMedia projects
- Increase engagement between digital rights advocates, journalists, lawyers, researchers, academia, technologists, and human rights advocates
- Support the coordination of projects
- Support the organisation of meetings, trainings, and other events
- Support the development and maintenance of partnerships with a range of individuals and organisations
- Support the monitoring of project implementation, including but not limited to collecting documentation and data for evaluation and reporting
- Support the development of work plans and timelines
- Support, and at times lead, community management by communicating proactively with our communities through a variety of channels
- Maintain and file documentation in an organised and efficient manner
Research, Documentation, and Reporting
- Support research initiatives, including but not limited to collating resource materials and references
- Ensure timely and proper documentation of events, including photos, videos, presentations, and written notes
- Assist in monitoring the activities of partners, collaborators, and networks
- Collect, compile, and file materials related to trainings and other EngageMedia initiatives
- Support the preparation of narrative reports
Communications and Outreach
- Assist with social media outreach and engagement
- Assist in securing content for EngageMedia.org and other relevant platforms
- Represent EngageMedia in digital rights networks and forums
- Support the Impact and Engagement team in their program outreach efforts
- Record and document tasks in an efficient manner, ensuring accurate and timely communication with EngageMedia management and staff
- Bring your passions and creative interests to the organisation, and assist us in evolving the organisational culture, our expertise and our knowledge
- Communicate respectfully and courteously with other members of EngageMedia at all times, ensuring you listen to, are understanding of, and receptive to other people’s opinions
- Ensure all work is conducted and delivered according to the processes, standards, technical and management system, and deadlines required by EngageMedia
- Perform other tasks as requested by management that relate to the position aims
- Contribute to a productive and well-managed working environment for all staff and consultants
- Strong knowledge of political and human rights context within Thailand, derived from direct experience working in the country
- Interested in digital rights and freedom of expression
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Fluent in Thai and conversational English
- Strong networks with civil society organisations in Thailand
- Strong project management skills
- Strong time management, and able to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and build expertise
- Ability to work with a diverse team across multiple cultures, geographies, and timezones
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field
- Understanding of and commitment to EngageMedia’s aims and workplace values
The position is well-suited to a civil society actor looking to increase their technical skills and training abilities.
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12-month, full-time contract will be offered with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 6,600 – 11,880 USD depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- Vacation leave
- Sick and carer’s leave
- Public holiday leave
- Bereavement leave
- Parental leave
- Long service leave
- Monthly communications and equipment allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal development allowance
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
Please fill in the application form below. Applications close on Thursday, 19 November 2020, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7).