Join the EngageMedia team!
The Digital Rights Program Manager is a senior role that works closely with the Executive Director to oversee EngageMedia’s Digital Rights initiatives in the Asia-Pacific. The position leads programmatic planning, designs strategies and activities, manages staff and consultants, builds and strengthens networks and partnerships, contributes to fundraising, and works directly on projects as needed.
The position also assists EngageMedia’s management team, contributing to organisation level strategy and team effectiveness.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in South, East, or Southeast Asia.
Applications should be submitted by May 11, 2020 (11:59 PM GMT+7), using the application form at the bottom of this page.
Program and Project Management
- Lead EngageMedia’s Digital Rights program, overseeing strategy and program design
- Oversee the Digital Rights program team; monitoring, evaluating and supporting project implementation
- Provide oversight and direction to program staff
- Contribute to the leadership and coordination of digital rights networks, fostering communication and collaborations
- Directly undertake project management
- Monitor and track project budgets
- Develop workplans and timelines and ensure they are followed
- Oversee the development of contracts and MoUs with staff, partners and consultants
- Contribute to EngageMedia’s broader management and planning
Development and Fundraising
- Work closely with the Executive Director to design fundraising proposals and write reports
- Develop and manage funder relationships
- Seek out and manage consulting opportunities. Directly implement contracted activities as needed.
- Conduct research and produce short reports
Partnerships, Outreach and Networking
- Work closely with the communications team to develop and implement outreach and engagement strategies
- Produce media products to effectively communicate digital rights issues
- Work with the communications team to run digital rights campaigns, employing a range of creative media
- Maintain and develop partnerships with a range of organisations, individuals, networks and foundations
- Represent EngageMedia in digital rights networks and forums
- Oversee planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of digital security and digital rights trainings, coordinating staff and contractors as necessary
- Create and maintain curriculum and materials for digital security and digital rights trainings
- Where necessary provide event or training facilitation
- Actively build the digital rights and digital security knowledge and capacity of the EngageMedia team
- Minimum 7 years experience in a non-profit or advocacy position
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the digital rights field
- Fluency in English and working proficiency in at least one Asian language
- Ability to lead a team, work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Familiarity working in virtual workplaces with decentralised teams
- Highly adept and innovative in using current and emerging technologies
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple activities and competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail
- Strong leadership and organisational skills, including in cross-cultural environments
- Excellent project management and planning abilities
- Minimum undergraduate university degree
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements to challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners, and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages, and move people to action.
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12 month, full-time contract will be offered with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
Salary range is USD 2400-3300 per month, depending on skill set, experience, and cost of living in your home location.
A monthly communications and equipment and health allowance are included.
Please fill the application form below. Applications close 11 May 2020 (11:59PM, GMT+7).