Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific non-profit is seeking a Learning and Knowledge Manager who will oversee EngageMedia’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems. The Learning and Knowledge Manager supports proposal writing, donor reporting, and knowledge management processes to capture and articulate EngageMedia’s activities and impact. The positions reports to the Executive Director and works closely with Senior Program Consultant, Communications and Advocacy Director, and Learning Advisers.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in South, East, or Southeast Asia.
We are seeking candidates who are aligned with our organisation’s wider goals towards social and environmental justice, and who have experience in working with not-for-profits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multi-cultural settings is also a plus.
Applications should be submitted by 9 August 2020, 11:59 PM Bangkok time (UTC+7), using the application form at the bottom of this page.
Key Position Aims:
- Operationalise and roll out a newly designed monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system
- Train, mentor, and build the capacity of staff on M&E, proposal writing, and donor reporting
- Grow the organisation’s operational capacity and efficiency
Strategy & Systems Development
- Advise the Executive Director and senior managers on matters related to program design, M&E, research, donor reporting, and proposal writing
- Represent EngageMedia with donors and high-level stakeholders, as appropriate
- Operationalise and roll out a newly designed system for tracking performance and measuring program impact
- Continually adapt and revise the organisational and programmatic Theory of Change
- Support the development of templates and other systems to support planning and program implementation
- Lead the implementation of the Results Based Management (RBM) Framework across the organisation
- Develop monitoring tools, templates, and systems to collect and centrally store monitoring data for the RBM Framework
- Train, mentor, and support staff to strategically and efficiently collect qualitative and quantitative data on program indicators
- Support the data collection process as needed, including directly gathering data
- Lead the design of data collection processes such as desk research, gathering media statistics, surveys, interviews, focus groups, etc
- Compile, review, and analyse data for internal program monitoring and external donor reporting
Evaluation & Learning
- Lead or support staff to analyse and interpret monitoring data to improve program implementation
- Summarise and present monitoring data in a non-technical format for specific audiences as needed
- Lead the documentation and sharing of lessons learned for program improvement
Proposal Writing & Reporting
- Support and, at times, lead the proposal writing process, working in close collaboration with the Executive Director
- Develop and implement reporting systems, templates, and tools closely aligned with the RBM Framework and monitoring system
- Train and guide staff on effective data collection and using the reporting system
- Draft, review, and manage reports
- Draft and finalise donor reports using the reporting system
- Complete fluency in English and working proficiency in at least one major Asian language
- Minimum undergraduate university degree
- Minimum three years of experience in planning, implementing, monitoring, or evaluating programs, including experience with RBM, program logic models, and log-frames
- Excellent analytical, reporting, and writing skills, and the ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner. Writing samples required.
- Strong understanding and application of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, including research design, data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Proven experience in a management, mentoring, or capacity-building position
- Strong leadership and organisational skills, including in cross-cultural environments
- High attention to detail
- Familiarity with foundation funding models and grant writing and reporting, e.g. Sida
- Interest and experience in the use of productivity tools and softwares, especially free and open-source software (FOSS), is preferred but not required.
- Interest in digital rights, digital security, digital development, and media freedom is preferred, but not required.
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12 month, full-time contract will be offered with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 25,500 to 33,930 USD depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- Vacation leave
- Sick and carers leave
- Public holiday leave
- Bereavement leave
- Parental leave
- Long service leave
- Monthly communications and equipment allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal development allowance
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages, and move people to action.
Please fill in the application form below. Applications close on 9 August 2020, 11:59 PM Bangkok Time (UTC+7).