Edited on 16 December 2020
EngageMedia is seeking a research consultant to produce a snapshot of key digital rights issues, policies, and civil society actors and networks in Indonesia.
The research aims to help EngageMedia better support digital rights actors and advocacy in the country.
Questions we are seeking to explore include:
- Who are the key digital rights actors in Indonesia?
- What are the current key digital rights issues in the country (e.g., laws, policies, practices)?
- Which activities, policies, or other actions have produced significant change? Which have not? Why/why not?
- What do digital rights actors need to increase the impact of their digital rights advocacy?
- Who do digital rights actors interact with in their work (e.g. other CSOs, private, gov, media)?
- What networks or coalitions have existed or exist now? How have they been successful or fallen short?
The consultancy starts as soon as possible, and will run for 3 months on a part- or flexi-time basis.
The total budget for this research is USD 6,000-8,000. We are accepting applications from both individual consultants and research groups.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please use the application form at the bottom of this page.
- Research ideation and conception
- Creation of methodology and sampling framework
- Data collection and analysis, including desk research, interviews, and survey responses
- Research concept and methodology, including interview and survey questions
- Survey responses (±100) and interview transcriptions (at least 20 interviews)
- A report of 15-30 pages, submitted in Indonesian or English (translation and layout will be provided by EngageMedia)
- A 2-page summary of recommendations
A list of digital rights CSOs, staff, and issues included in the report
- Strong writing and analytical skills, evidenced by published written papers
- High attention to detail
- Fluency in English and Indonesian
The total budget for this research is USD 6,000-8,000. The consultancy starts as soon as possible, and will run for 3 months on a part- or flexi-time basis.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
Please fill in the application form below. Applications are being considered on a rolling basis.
Should you have any questions related to the role, please contact our Digital Rights Program Manager Kathleen Azali.