19 Aug Job Opportunity: Finance and Administration Coordinator
Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific non-profit is seeking a Finance and Administration Coordinator who will provide financial, logistical, and administrative support to the organisation and its regional projects. The position will assist the Administration and Finance Manager and work closely with our Finance, Operations, and Administration team to maintain the high standards and quality of EngageMedia’s support systems.
The position can be based anywhere in India, Malaysia, or Thailand.
A minimum of four (4) years of experience working in finance and administration is required.
We are seeking candidates who are aligned with our organisation’s wider goals towards social and environmental justice, and who have experience in working with not-for-profits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multi-cultural settings is also a plus.
The Finance and Administration Coordinator role is full-time, and the successful candidate will be entitled to benefits such as paid leaves (vacation, sick, public holiday, bereavement, parental, and long service leaves), health insurance support, and communication and equipment allowances. The annual gross remuneration is approximately 11,000 USD.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible using the application form at the bottom of this page. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Key Position Aims:
- Provide high-quality financial support
- Provide sound and timely operations and administration support to all program activities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to projects and to the Manila team
- Bookkeeping – maintain financial documents and track and record expenses
- Support the development of banking systems
- Support monthly bank account reconciliation
- Support monthly payroll
- Assist financial reporting for grants
- Support tracking and maintenance of budgets
- Contribute to and uphold financial policies
- Support internal filing and archiving, developing, and improving systems
- Support the development and implementation of financial and administrative systems
Administration and Logistics
- Support office management, ensuring the office is sufficiently resourced to support programs and operational activities
- Support knowledge management and filing
- Assist with the induction and separation of staff, as needed
- Assist with travel arrangements
- Assist in staff meeting scheduling and preparation
- Assist with financial aspects for all program-related activities.
- Assist the program team in preparing workshop and meetings logistics for project staff, consultants, and project participants – including travel and accommodations bookings, meals arrangement, participant communications, visas, and other requirements coordination, if needed.
- Record and document tasks in an efficient manner, ensuring accurate and timely communication with Management and EngageMedia staff.
- Bring your passions and creative interests to the organisation and assist us in evolving the organisational culture, our expertise, and our knowledge.
- Communicate respectfully and courteously with other members of EngageMedia at all times, ensuring that you listen to, are understanding of, and are receptive to other people’s opinions.
- Ensure all work is conducted and delivered according to the processes, standards, technical and management system, and deadlines required by EngageMedia.
- Comply with EngageMedia’s Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other tasks as requested by management that relate to the position aims.
- Contribute to a productive and well-managed working environment for all staff and consultants.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages, and move people to action.
Please fill the application form below as soon as possible, as applications are considered on a rolling basis.