#Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific non-profit is seeking a Digital Rights Coordinator who will work closely with the Digital Rights Program Manager to oversee the implementation of EngageMedia’s digital rights initiatives in the Asia-Pacific. The position supports programmatic planning, designs strategies and activities, coordinates staff and consultants, builds and strengthens networks and partnerships, contributes to fundraising, and directly implements projects.
We are seeking candidates who are aligned with our organisation’s wider goals towards social and environmental justice, and who have experience in working with not-for-profits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multi-cultural settings is also a plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in Southeast Asia, East Asia, or South Asia. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday, 9 September 2020, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7), using the application form at the bottom of this page.
Key Position Aims:
- Increase the understanding, engagement, and impact of digital rights advocacy on civil society
- Raise the profile and importance of digital rights issues, particularly by connecting them to the human rights, media, and technology fields
- Increase the planning, campaigning, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation capacity of EngageMedia
Program and Projects
- Support strategy development, program design, and planning
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership on a range of digital rights issues
- Support and, at times, lead monitoring, evaluation, and project implementation
- Coordinate staff, affiliates, partners, and consultants
- Contribute to the leadership and coordination of digital rights networks, fostering communication and collaboration
- Monitor and track project budgets
- Develop work plans and timelines, ensuring they are followed
- Develop contracts and MoUs with staff, affiliates, partners, and consultants
Development and Fundraising
- Support the development and design of fundraising proposals
- Support funder relationships
- Seek out and coordinate consulting opportunities
- Directly implementing contracted activities as needed
- Conduct and oversee research, and produce short reports
Campaigns, Partnerships, and Networking
- Lead digital rights campaigns, employing a range of creative media
- Work closely with the communications team to develop and implement outreach and engagement strategies
- Oversee the production of media that effectively communicates digital rights issues
- Maintain and develop partnerships with a range of organisations, individuals, and networks
- Represent EngageMedia in digital rights networks and forums
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate digital rights training, coordinating staff and contractors as necessary
- Create digital rights training curricula
- Provide event or training facilitation
- Document work diligently to ensure adequate communication with other members of the EngageMedia team
- Report back regularly to EngageMedia staff members about the status of projects
- Contribute to the organisation’s knowledge base
- Communicate respectfully and courteously with other members of EngageMedia at all times, ensuring you listen to, are understanding of, and are receptive to a broad range of opinions
- Blog regularly about your work and contribute to EngageMedia’s overall outreach and communications
- Deliver all work according to the processes, high standards, and deadlines required by EngageMedia
- Fluency in English and working proficiency in at least one Asian language
- Strong leadership and organisational skills, especially as part of a multicultural team
- Ability to lead teams, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Excellent project management and planning abilities
- High attention to detail
- Highly adept and innovative in using current and emerging technologies
- Aptitude for working in distributed workplaces with decentralised teams
- Proactive and growth mindset
- Results-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple activities and competing priorities
- High-level organisational, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in a non-profit or advocacy position
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the digital rights field
- Minimum undergraduate university degree
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12-month, full-time, contract will be offered with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 15, 600 and 21,600 USD depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- Vacation leave
- Sick and carer’s leave
- Public holiday leave
- Bereavement leave
- Parental leave
- Long service leave
- Monthly communications and equipment allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal development allowance
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
EngageMedia works with independent filmmakers, video activists, technologists, campaigners, and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages, and move people to action.
Please fill in the application form below. Applications close on Wednesday, 9 September 2020, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7).
1 thought on “[CLOSED] Job Opportunity: Digital Rights Coordinator”
thanks for given me opportunity to apply and connect with a bigger platform.. i feel very proud…