Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific non-profit seeks a skilled, responsive, IT & Applications Engineer. The role has a strong focus on troubleshooting and solving technical problems, fulfilling technology requirements, as well as maintaining and improving technical systems and operations.
The position may be based in any major city in Asia-Pacific.
- Work with staff and program leads to troubleshoot and find solutions to technical needs and issues as they arise
- Respond to day-to-day technology requirements
- Work with our virtual technology team, alongside our senior Systems Administrator, reporting to our Technology Manager to maintain and improve our technical systems and operations
- Work with our organisation’s technology toolset (mentioned below)
- Document status and changes to systems and processes
- Explore, test, learn, and work with new technologies as needed
- Strong foundation in Linux/UNIX environments, networking and database concepts and configuration, web servers and Nginx, code version control (Git), mailman, PGP, Cosmos/cPanel and basic knowledge of sys-admin
- High-level competency in installing, configuring, maintaining and extending WordPress is a must
- Basic familiarity with Python and/or Ruby, knowledge of Django and/or other frameworks, scripting and programming languages is desirable
- Demonstrated interest in open-source software such as experience with apps in our organizational toolkit, including Matomo, Mattermost, Redmine and Nextcloud
- Experience working in Agile development teams would be a plus
- Proven high-level communications skills
- Adept at working closely with designers, managers, and content producers, translating technical know-how into everyday language, providing excellent IT support as required, and maintaining thorough technical documentation
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages, and move people to action.
Please fill the application form below. Applications are due by Jan 16, 2020.
Error: Contact form not found.