Join the EngageMedia team!
The Digital Rights Coordinator oversees a range of digital rights projects within Southeast Asia. The position plans and executes projects, coordinates with staff and contractors, develops networks and partnerships, and assists with program fundraising.
Applications should be submitted by Jan 16, 2020, using the application form at the bottom of this page.
- Expand the capacity of digital rights and allied advocates in Southeast Asia.
- Strengthen the Southeast Asia digital rights movement by fostering networks across allied sectors, including human rights advocates, media-makers, journalists, and technologists.
- Lead the implementation of selected digital rights projects.
- Lead project coordination for events and public engagement opportunities.
- Oversee the logistics and administration of events, including travel and transportation, securing event
spaces, fulfilling catering needs, and technology support.
- Assist with project and program design.
- Coordinate and oversee budgets, regularly monitoring spending with the assistance of finance staff.
- Maintain and file documentation in an organised and efficient manner on EngageMedia’s intranet.
- Develop work plans and timelines and ensure they are followed.
- Coordinate the process of finding and securing event participants.
- Recruiting contractors and consultants as necessary.
- Develop curriculum for trainings.
- Develop contracts and MoUs.
- Monitor project progress, including documentation and reporting.
Partnerships, and Strategy
- Develop and maintain partnerships with digital rights advocates, bloggers, film-makers, technologists, and human rights activists.
- Coordinate advisory groups, ensuring they are engaged and active.
- Assist with fundraising efforts and report writing.
- Coordinate and assist with a variety of digital rights consultancies, including overseeing consultants and contracts.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of EngageMedia’s digital rights program.
- Represent EngageMedia in digital rights networks and forums.
- Lead outreach for the digital rights program, coordinating with other staff as required.
- Develop and support media outreach plans and publicity, working closely with EngageMedia’s communications team.
- Regularly contribute blog posts related to your activities.
- Strong knowledge of digital rights and freedom of expression issues
- High level organisational and interpersonal skills
- Strong background of advocacy campaigning
- Strong English and proficiency in at least one Southeast Asian language
- Knowledge of open source and alternative technologies
- Experience working in and supporting networks
- Excellent communications skills, including in speaking, writing and presenting
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Ability to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
- Experience with remote working set ups
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, willingness to learn new things, build expertise, and develop new approaches
- Minimum 5 years experience in the field
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12 month, full-time contract will be offered with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
Salary range is $1,500-2,000 USD per month, depending on skillset, experience, and cost of living in your home location.
A monthly communications and health allowance are included, as is travel insurance.
Please fill the application form below. Applications are due by Jan 16, 2020.