COCONET (Connecting Communities & Networks) aims to enhance regional networking, popularise digital rights issues, and expand digital rights campaigns and movements by connecting policy advocates, researchers, digital campaigners, media-makers, and technologists.
COCONET is a peer-based event where everyone will participate: bringing knowledge, experiences, and skills to share.
A full description of the event can be read here.
Who can participate?
We’re looking to gather 75-100 participants for the camp. Whilst Southeast Asia (Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam), is the key target, the event is also open to participants from other parts of Asia and the Pacific. Please note that scholarship support will prioritise applicants from Southeast Asia.
The following are highly encouraged to apply:
- Activists working with grassroots communities with strong experience in using digital platforms
- Activist technologists, open-source advocates and digital security trainers
- Internet Rights policy advocates
- Researchers and academics
- Social change media-makers including film-makers, journalists, bloggers, photographers, designers, and artists.
Applications are now closed.