A release candidate for version 4.0 of the Plumi free software video-sharing app is available now. Unweb and EngageMedia have been working hard, and hope to have a final version of Plumi for Plone 4 out soon.
Work on this milestone of development included backend improvements to taxonomy, caching, the production and development buildouts and other improvements such as a custom image workflow to reduce the potential impact of hosting of unwanted content.
The changes include:
- update plone.app.caching [dimo]
- production buildout automatically sets file permissions [dimo]
- disable ftp server in debug instance [dimo]
- move portlet assignments to plumi.app & remove browse portlet [dimo]
- update install docs [dimo]
- add custom image workflow [clopy]
- return splash image to previous quality [clopy]
- update vocabs, move taxonomy generation in a separate product [clopy]
- update ffmpeg library paths [clopy]
- reduce flowplayer splash image file size [clopy]
- update locales [dimo]
For a full list of closed tickets check: