EngageMedia and Unweb are pleased to announce the 4.2.1-Final release of the Plumi video sharing platform. Plumi 4.2.1 focuses on stability, speed and installation enhancements along with a number of bug fixes. It is the first stable release since Plumi 4.1 and includes the Plone security patches issued in early June 2011.
Improvements in this release include
- Author page now only pulls in news/events created by that author;
- Minor layout clean up to the author page;
- Indonesian translation enhancements – option to choose low/high-resolution version of the embedded player;
- Add timeout to scheduler queue to avoid possible transcoder freeze;
- Backward compatibility with pre iframe embed code to ensure old embeds can be played;
- Thumbnail is taken at 8 seconds rather than at 4 seconds to reduce number of instances of black frames;
- Page size optimizations – double loading of flash player removed and lower resolution thumbnail is displayed;
- Simplify the installation procedure by automatically creating a Plone site and installing plumi.app;
- Update tests use plone.app.testing;
- Fix doctests;
- Update to Plone 4.0.7 that includes the latest security fixes.
The release can be found at http://plone.org/products/plumi
Full changelogs at