EngageMedia and Unweb are pleased to announce the release of Plumi 3.0. Plumi 3.0 is a major new release of the video-sharing platform that is built on the Plone open source content management system.
The new release can be downloaded at http://plone.org/products/plumi/releases/3.0-Final or via svn at https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/plumi.buildout/tags/3.0/
Plumi 3.0 includes the following enhancements on top of the already existing Plone and Plumi functionality.
- upgraded to latest Plone stable release – 3.3.5
- auto-creation of a thumbnail image from the uploaded video
- large file uploads – integrated FTP support
- Ogg transcoded version for download or playing in the browser
- html5 support
- Built-in blob support to improve large file handling
- New, more stable and configurable transcoding framework (Transcode Daemon)
- Updated flowplayer
- Auto extraction of video duration
- Number of videos in each listing now displayed
- Ability to look up other users interested in same topic areas
- Indonesian translation of Plumi and Plone interface
- Built-in content translation via LinguaPlone
- Ability to rate content
- Increased flash player size and quality
- Ability to add related items, location information and language when publishing a video
- Auto-notifications on retraction or rejection of content
- New cleaner design
- Date of release now goes back to 1960
- All earthly countries are now included in taxonomy by default
- Ajaxification of commenting including profile thumbnails associated with comments
If you’d like to get involved in Plumi development please make contact at irc.freenode.net #plumi or join the discussion or announcement lists.
A working version of Plumi 3.0 can be seen at https://engagemedia.org and http://demo.plumi.org
Thanks to all the developers, testers and coordinators who made this much-awaited release possible!