EngageMedia is hosting another free workshop on video distribution in Indonesia, this time in Malang, East Java. The 2-day workshop from 20-21 February 2010 will explore how producers of critical films around the world are distributing their videos both online and offline.
Independent video makers everywhere often wonder what to do with the videos they produce. The TV stations aren’t going to show it. You can send it to some film festival but is it reaching your audience? Do you print 100 copies and pass it to friends? Do you put it on some shelves and hope people buy it? Do you upload it to YouTube and wait for
someone to watch it? Is there an effective way to get your video out there into the path of your mass audience? Maybe you have to do a bit of everything.
We at Engagemedia would like to share with you how producers of critical films around the world are distributing their videos. EngageMedia is an online video sharing, free software and skills building initiative focused on social justice and environmental issues within the Asia-Pacific region.
Topics covered in the workshop will include:
- building a digital video delivery strategy
- the use of video and online technologies in campaigning work
- introduction to Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
- compressing video for publishing online
- where to publish and how to use your online content in a website or blog
- combining on and off-line distribution tools and techniques
- use of Creative Commons and open content licensing, including finding media to use in your production
There are LIMITED spots (15) available for these free workshops. If you are interested in attending please download and email the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Spaces are limited to people who:
- already make videos about social justice and environmental issues;
- have a laptop they can bring to the training; and
- are based in or around Malang and Surabaya
WHERE and WHEN?
- Mamipo Malang, February 20-21, 2010
deadline for submission of applications : February 12, 2010
Download the registration form here (or directly email if there is any downloading problem)