We are pleased to announce the release of a new version of Plumi, 0.2.2, a free and open-source video-sharing package for Plone. This release was focused on user-enhancements, small improvements that should make a big difference to users, including:
- a new animation during video upload to indicate uploading.
- transcoding messages are now only seen by site managers.
- the featured video is now a flash player on the front page – no need to go digging for your first streaming video experience!
- workflow improvements – consistent across videos, callouts, news and events
- video listings template improvement – the country metadata on each video is now listed.
- implementation of latest version of the Transmission Metadata Standard.
For a full list of changes view the changelog. You can download this version of Plumi in the Plone repository.
We will be working on a minor bug fix release 0.2.2.1 shortly – including many fixes.