EngageMedia will be running a workshop about online video distribution at this years Making Links conference in Sydney, October 30-31, 2007. If you are interested in finding out how to compress your video, get your content online and get it out there make sure you come along.
The net is quickly becoming one of the most effective ways for video activists to distribute their content. Online distribution means anyone with good internet access can watch your video from around the world. It also allows people with limited means to bypassing the mainstream media and creating their own distribution channels.
EngageMedia will host a practical workshop covering these topics and more to help you make the most of these online tools.
The workshop will cover
- where on the web you can publish your video and issues with commercial service
- creating and subscribing to video podcasts
- how to encode video for distribution on the web
- copyright/left and licensing your video work
- using online video as part of campaign work
- free and open-source software tools
Attendees will also get a copy of the free software Audio/Video toolkit.
Watch Making Links panel discussion about Web 2.0, its benefits and challenges. Sydney, October 2007: