WhenFebruary 26, 2007 from 08:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Grassroots Online Video Distribution
The net is quickly becoming one of the most effective ways for video-makers to distribute their content. Online distribution means anyone with good internet access can watch your video from around the world. It also allows people with limited means to by-pass the mainstream media and create their own distribution channels.
EngageMedia will host a practical workshop covering these topics and more to help you make the most of these online tools. EngageMedia is a website distributing social justice and environmental video from South East Asia, Australia and the Pacific.
The workshop will cover
– where on the web you can publish your video
– creating and subscribing to video podcasts
– setting up an account on EngageMedia and publishing to it
– how to encode video for distribution on the web
– copyright/left and licensing your video work
– strategies for getting your work out there
– free and open-source software tools
If you have a laptop please bring it along along with any video materials you have.
When: Monday, February 26th, 6-8pm.
Where: Iris Cinema, 13 Morphett street, City Center, Adelaide
In the morning EngageMedia will participate in DocAgora, “a discussion of new forms, new platforms and new methods of financing socially-engaged documentary,” as part of the Australian International Documentary Conference in Adelaide.