Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific nonprofit is hiring a Digital Rights Project Officer who will support the implementation of EngageMedia’s initiatives in Thailand and the Mekong region. This position works closely with the Digital Rights Project Manager to support coordination and logistics, training, community development, communications and outreach, and monitoring and reporting.
We are seeking candidates who align with our organisational goals of human rights, democracy, and the environment, and who have a background working with nonprofits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multicultural settings is a big plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in Thailand. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. Interested applicants may apply using the form below.
Key Position Aims
- Increase civil society engagement with, and understanding of, digital rights and freedom of expression
- Strengthen the organisational capacity of EngageMedia in providing digital rights capacity building to the Mekong region
- Enhance logistical and administrative support for the EngageMedia projects.
- Increase engagement between digital rights advocates, journalists, lawyers, researchers, academia, technologists, and human rights advocates
- Support the coordination of projects
- Support the organisation of meetings, trainings, and other events
- Support the development and maintenance of partnerships with a range of individuals and organisations
- Support the monitoring project implementation, including but not limited to collecting documentation and data for evaluation and reporting
- Support the development of work plans and timelines
- Support and at times lead community management; communicating proactively with our communities through a variety of channels
- Maintain and file documentation in an organised and efficient manner
Research, documentation, and reporting
- Support research initiatives including collating resource materials and references
- Ensure timely and proper documentation of events including photos, videos, presentations, and written notes
- Assist in monitoring the activities of partners, collaborators and networks
- Collect, compile and file materials related to trainings and other EngageMedia initiatives
- Support the preparation of narrative reports
Communications and Outreach
- Assist with social media outreach and engagement
- Assist in securing content for EngageMedia.org and other relevant platforms
- Represent EngageMedia in digital rights networks and forums
- Support the Impact & Engagement team in their program outreach efforts
- At least 3 years’ experience in a non-profit or advocacy position, preferably in the digital rights space
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, in Thai and in English
- Based in Thailand
- High-level organisational, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Knowledge of issues on digital rights, open and secure technology, and Video for Change
- Familiarity working with multicultural and decentralised teams in virtual workspaces
- A proactive and growth mindset
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, willingness to learn new things, build expertise, and develop new approaches
- Ability to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12-month, full-time, contract will be offered, with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 9,000 and 11,000 USD, depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- 4 weeks of holiday leave
- 10 days sick and carer’s leave (with additional 5 days in case of COVID-19)
- 11 days public holiday leave
- 5 days bereavement leave
- 18 weeks parental leave
- 9 weeks paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Monthly communications allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal and professional development allowance
Visa assistance may be provided by EngageMedia as needed, upon approval of management.
Combining video, technology, knowledge, and networks, we support Asia-Pacific and global changemakers advocating for human rights, democracy, and the environment.
In collaboration with diverse networks and communities, we defend and advance digital rights.
Please fill out the application form below to apply.