Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific nonprofit is hiring an Event Manager who will work closely with EngageMedia to oversee the Asia-Pacific Digital Rights Festival and other relevant events.
We are seeking candidates who align with our organisational goals of human rights, democracy, and the environment, and who have a background working with nonprofits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multicultural settings is a big plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in Thailand. A 10-month contract will be offered. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. Interested applicants may apply using the form below.
Key Position Aims
- Ensure the Festival achieves its planned outputs and outcomes, meeting the schedule, budget, and scope
- Ensure a high level of engagement with a wide number of organisers, partners, participants, and other stakeholders
- Manage and mitigate risks, especially those related to safety and security
- Raise awareness about the Festival during every phase, from planning to evaluation
- Foster good relationships among event staff, partners, participants, vendors, and funders
- Build a strong foundation for networks and collaborations from the event to continue beyond it
- Lead project management of the Festival, from planning to evaluation
- Contribute to program and Festival design
- Select and reserve venues, ensuring permits and other requirements are secured
- Lead the recruitment of relevant staff, contractors, and vendors, including securing other necessary services
- Oversee the review of proposals for talks, workshops, screenings, exhibits, and other activities
- Oversee the review of applications for travel support
- Conduct site visits and other activities to ensure the quality of venues and other services
- Coordinate with event partners, who will be hosting satellite activities during the Festival
- Manage the online Festival platform, the primary tool for Festival information and coordination
- Manage relevant contractors, vendors, and EngageMedia staff
- Lead on-site management during the Festival, monitoring and coordinating as needed
- Lead risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Oversee documentation, evaluation, and reporting efforts
- Oversee payments and invoicing
- Support funder and partner engagement and relationship management
- Lead event logistics, including travel, accommodations, food, etc.
- Coordinate with the EngageMedia communications team on the promotion of the event through mainstream and social media
- Proven experience as an event and project manager
- Highly organised, with excellent time and task management skills
- Great interpersonal skills, with a strong service orientation
- Ability to lead, develop, and mobilise teams
- Tech-savvy, with an ability to harness technology for all aspects of event and project management
- Great communicator, with excellent English speaking and writing skills
- A strong interest in digital rights, open and secure technology, and free expression
- Familiarity working with multicultural and decentralised teams in virtual workspaces
- A proactive and growth mindset
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, willingness to learn new things, build expertise, and develop new approaches
- Ability to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
The position starts as soon as possible. A 10-month contract will be offered.
The monthly remuneration will approximately be between 3,000 and 4,000 USD, depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- Monthly communications allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
Visa assistance will be provided by EngageMedia as needed.
Combining video, technology, knowledge, and networks, we support Asia-Pacific and global changemakers advocating for human rights, democracy, and the environment.
In collaboration with diverse networks and communities, we defend and advance digital rights.
Please fill out the application form below to apply.