Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific nonprofit is hiring an Administration and Finance Officer who will work closely as part of EngageMedia’s Finance and Administration team to ensure that the organisation’s aforementioned systems meet the highest standard.
The role provides finance, logistical, and administration support at the organisational and project team levels.
We are seeking candidates who align with our organisational goals of human rights, democracy, and the environment, and who have a background working with nonprofits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multicultural settings is a big plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in South or Southeast Asia. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Key Position Aims
- Provide timely finance, administrative and logistical support as part of the Finance and Administration team
- Provide administrative and logistical support to projects, especially to the Digital Rights – Indonesia (DR-ID) team
Logistics and Administration
- Assist in the business travel preparation for office staff and consultants
- Coordinate small procurement and assist ad hoc-related events and activities, if needed
- Provide logistical support for daily office operations in the Bali, Indonesia office
- Assist in taking minutes of meeting at weekly ad hoc and finance meetings
- Assist in data management and filing
- Lead the organisation’s inventory/assets management
- Assist in providing contract details for the drafting of project consultants
- Assist the program team in preparing for events such as training, workshops, and meetings
- Provide logistical support for project staff, consultant and project participants for flight, venue, accommodations, meals, communication allowances, visas, and other requirements coordination
- Lead coordination between finance admin team and Indonesia project team
- Process payment requests, reimbursements and third party payables
- Assist in the follow up of third party receivable and various types of refund
- Enter data into EngageMedia’s internal organisational and financial/accounting systems
- Assist in the bank reconciliations
- Record and document tasks in an efficient manner ensuring accurate and timely communication with Management and EngageMedia staff
- Bring one’s passions and creative interests to the organisation and assist in evolving the organisational culture, our expertise and our knowledge
- Contribute to EngageMedia’s networking, outreach, and engagement efforts
- Communicate professionally with team members and partners at all times
- Ensure all work is conducted and delivered according to the processes, standards, technical and management system, and deadlines required by EngageMedia
- Comply with EngageMedia’s Policies and Procedures
- Perform other tasks that relate to the position aims
- Contribute to a productive and well managed working environment for all team members
- Minimum 2 years’ working experience in travel management and administration
- An understanding of and commitment to EngageMedia’s aims and workplace values
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Fluency in English and working proficiency in at least one Asia-Pacific language
- Ability to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team across multiple cultures, geographies, and timezones in virtual workspaces
- Experience working in a non-profit organisation
- Experience working in a leadership body of student organisation
The expected starting date is April 15, 2023. An initial 12-month, full-time, contract will be offered, with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 7,000 and 10,000 USD, depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- 4 weeks of holiday leave
- 10 days sick and carer’s leave (with additional 5 days in case of COVID-19)
- 11 days public holiday leave
- 5 days bereavement leave
- 18 weeks parental leave
- 9 weeks paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Monthly communications allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal and professional development allowance
Visa assistance may be provided by EngageMedia as needed, upon approval of management.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
Our key activity areas are video for change, open and secure technology, and digital rights.
For more information, get to know the EngageMedia team and read about our remote and distributed work practices.