Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific nonprofit is hiring a Planning and Evaluation Coordinator who will contribute to EngageMedia’s organisational development (OD), with a focus on systems and policies, project management, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL). The role supports program and project planning according to the organisation’s results-based management (RBM) framework, and helps improve and scale knowledge management approaches for team-wide learning.
We are seeking candidates who align with our organisational goals of human rights, democracy, and the environment, and who have a background working with nonprofits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multicultural settings is a big plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in the Asia-Pacific. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
Key Position Aims
- Drive the setup and implementation of planning and MEL systems for organisational effectiveness
- Contribute to building a productive, well-managed, and stimulating working environment for staff
Programs and Projects
- Support the development of templates and key performance indicators (KPIs) to improve planning and program implementation
- Coordinate with operations and program staff in mapping human resource needs
- Ensure organisational activities are properly timelined and calendared
- Support the OD Senior Manager in:
- Training and mentoring staff to strategically and efficiently collect qualitative and quantitative data on program indicators
- Preparing for annual Team Meetings and capacity building efforts (e.g., learning sessions)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
- Facilitate data collection gathering and processes, such as desk research, gathering media statistics, surveys, interviews, focus groups, and more,
- Collect data on program implementation, including adherence to targets and deadlines
- Contribute to analysis and interpretation of monitoring data to improve program implementation
- Support the OD Senior Manager in:
- Ongoing work on organisational and programmatic theories of change
- Developing reports and/or presentations for specific audiences as needed
- Overseeing the organisation’s intranet and knowledge management systems
Talent Development Support
- Contribute to talent recruitment, management, engagement, and retention initiatives from a planning and MEL perspective
- Fluency in English and working proficiency in at least one Asia-Pacific language
- Significant experience in project management and MEL
- Strong leadership and organisational skills, especially as part of a multicultural team
- Familiarity working in virtual workplaces with decentralised teams
- Possesses a proactive and growth mindset
- High-level organisational, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project management and MEL
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a nonprofit or advocacy position
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12-month, full-time, contract will be offered, with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 14,500 and 21,000 USD, depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- 4 weeks of holiday leave
- 10 days sick and carer’s leave
- 11 days public holiday leave
- 5 days bereavement leave
- 18 weeks parental leave
- 8 weeks paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Monthly communications and equipment allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal and professional development allowance
Visa assistance may be provided by EngageMedia as needed, upon approval of management.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
For more information, get to know the EngageMedia team and read about our remote and distributed work practices.
[Applications are now closed]