Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific nonprofit is hiring a Finance Coordinator who will work closely with EngageMedia’s Finance, Operations, and Administration team to ensure that the organisation’s support systems meet the highest standard.
We are seeking candidates who align with our organisational goals of human rights, democracy, and the environment, and who have a background working with nonprofits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multicultural settings is a big plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in South or Southeast Asia. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
Applications are now closed.
Key Position Aims
- Provide high-quality financial support to EngageMedia programs
- Provide sound and timely operations and administration support
- Ensure EngageMedia’s financial systems operate at the highest level
- Bookkeeping – maintain financial documents and track and record expenses
- Support the development of banking systems
- Support monthly bank account reconciliation
- Support monthly payroll
- Assist in financial reporting for grants
- Support tracking and maintenance of budgets
- Contribute to and uphold financial policies
- Support internal filing and archiving, developing, and improving systems
- Support the development and implementation of financial and administrative systems
Administration and Logistics
- Support knowledge management and filing
- Assist with the induction and separation of staff, as needed
- Assist with travel arrangements
- Assist in staff meeting scheduling and preparation
- Support office management, ensuring the office is sufficiently resourced to support programs and operational activities, if needed
- Assist with financial aspects for all program-related activities.
- Assist the program team in preparing workshop and meetings logistics for project staff, consultants, and project participants – including travel and accommodations bookings, meals arrangement, participant communications, visas, and other requirements coordination, if needed.
- At least 4 years experience working in finance
- Familiarity with accounting systems and platforms
- Experience working with international organisations or NGOs with grant/fund accounting and reporting
- Experience with managing multiple currencies
- Based in South or Southeast Asia
- Strong technology capacity or ability to learn
- Familiarity working with multicultural and decentralised teams in virtual workspaces
- A proactive and growth mindset
- Experience in administration
- High-level organisational, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, willingness to learn new things, build expertise, and develop new approaches
- Ability to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12-month, full-time, contract will be offered, with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 14,000 and 19,000 USD, depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- 4 weeks of holiday leave
- 10 days sick and carer’s leave (with additional 5 days in case of COVID-19)
- 11 days public holiday leave
- 5 days bereavement leave
- 18 weeks parental leave
- 8 weeks paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Monthly communications and equipment allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal and professional development allowance
Visa assistance may be provided by EngageMedia as needed, upon approval of management.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
For more information, get to know the EngageMedia team and read about our remote and distributed work practices.